People with low self-esteem are usually under a lot of stress because we always feel we have to ‘prove themselves to others’. The way you feel about yourself, your self-esteem, impacts your happiness level, and also can make life more or less stressful for you. Stress may worsen the symptoms of almost all medical and emotional conditions. People suffering from depression, mood disorders, or other conditions that result in low self-esteem, may end up suffering more from stress and less able to manage day-to-day stresses.
When the body is physically and emotionally healthy, it is much easier to live with stress. Persons with low self-esteem cannot be said to be emotionally healthy, so it affects the way we handle the challenges that invariably come with daily living and therefore increases our experience of stress.
The symptoms of stress are:
- Tiredness and exhaustion
- loss of confidence
- lack of ambition
- inability to sleep
- problems making decisions
- feeling helpless
These few tips will help you handle stress better this year.
- Live and enjoy the present.
- Say No to things you don’t want to do.
- Work on your self-esteem.
- Channel great thoughts towards the future.
- Make realistic expectations for the Year.
- Set achievable goals for yourself.
- Do not take on more responsibilities than you can handle. Slow and steady.
- Prioritize the important activities on your list.
- Know what you can and cannot do.
- Do not put all your energy into planning one activity; you won’t be able to plan other activities.
- Don’t compare yourself to others; don’t envy what other people have.
- Make sure you visit family. Spend time with supportive and caring people.
- Try something new this year. You might just find yourself.
- Reach out and make new friends.
- Make time for yourself!
- Keep track of your spending, I propose you have a budget and a book where you document all you have spent so you don’t go over.
Talk to me about your self-esteem issues
Image Source Instagram